It has really been a wild time these last 18 months! At ComVoices, we asked some of our community leaders how they were doing …. really! Here’s what they had to say:
Below is a collection of hauora / wellbeing resources shared and used by our members. We hope they can provide some help for staff, volunteers, managers, and organisations while we live through this time of uncertainty and anxiety in dealing with Covid-19.
Articles, Podcasts and Webinars
- Maintaining Social Wellbeing in Aotearoa-New Zealand during Covid-19: Seven Reasons to be hopeful – https://swa.govt.nz/assets/Documents/Final_Social-Wellbeing-and-COVID-19-A-case-for-hope.pdf
- Prioritising our wellbeing when our causes keep demanding more. By Vicki Evans, Certified Coach June 4 2020 – https://www.huie.org.nz/charities/prioritising-our-wellbeing-when-our-causes-keep-demandingmore/
- Kaiparahuarahi #3 – Responsive Youth Work in the COVID pandemic and Hannah Dunlop’s article in talking about resilience and recovery on pages 35-29 here.
- In the event of a rāhui / lockdown or other restrictions and high demand of health services, it is possible that alcohol could become a bigger part of how some of us manage how we are feeling. Ashley Koning, Te Pou Programme Lead – Addiction, has created a resource to help manage the risk of harm from alcohol during the era of Covid-19
- Leading Generous Teams – a podcast from Pro Bono News Australia dedicated to improving the mindset, resilience and mental health of people working in the social sector: over six episodes, sector leaders speak about the impact COVID-19 is having on their staff.
- Grow – FREE Wednesday Webinars on lockdown survival tips for professionals https://www.grow.co.nz/getting-through/
Workplace and Personal Wellbeing Resources
- All Right? – https://www.allright.org.nz/ and https://www.allright.org.nz/workplace
- Getting Through Together – https://mentalhealth.org.nz/getting-through-together and https://mentalhealth.org.nz/help
- AnxietyNZ Trust – https://www.anxiety.org.nz/ or Free 24/7 Helpline 0800 269 4389 (0800 ANXIETY) providing peer to peer support and online sessions with registered psychologists.
- NZ Psychology Society – lots of resources related to COVID-19 https://www.psychology.org.nz/public/community-resources/covid-19-resources
- Ministry of Health: COVID-19: Mental health and wellbeing resources https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-health-advice-general-public/covid-19-mental-health-and-wellbeing-resources
- Wellplace NZ – your guide to workplace wellbeing https://wellplace.nz/
- Digital Youth Sector Hub – support for people who work with young people https://arataiohi.org.nz/home/navigating-the-pandemic-together/
- Wellbeing Service for frontline healthcare professionals (MOH and Healthcare NZ) https://www.healthcarenz.co.nz/service-category/mental-health-wellbeing/
- Government’s Unite against COVID health and wellbeing pages – https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/
- Just A Thought – https://www.justathought.co.nz/covid19
- Whakatau Mai – The Wellbeing Sessions – free online Zoom community events https://www.wellbeingsessions.nz/
- Information and Resources on working well remotely – https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/de/Documents/human-capital/Remote-Collaboration-COVID-19.pdf
- Mental Wellbeing for you and your workplace – https://www.mentemia.com/nz/home
- Mental Wellbeing for NZers during COVID – https://www.melonhealth.com/mental-wellbeing/
- How to use phone or video calls for supervision, provides guidance for supervisors and supervisees using phone or video calls for supervision. Supporting staff to use phone or video technologies for supervision, provides managers and leaders with a brief summary of evidence about the use of phone or video calls for a range of supervision types, including clinical and professional supervision.
- Blueprint for Learning has created a framework for working well from home, based on the Te Whare Tapa Whā model, which looks at the four dimensions of wellbeing.
- Generic resources which offer a collection of wellbeing content for support in your occupation https://ignite.org.nz/learn?domainFilters=Occupation
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) Services
There are several EAP which offer one to one counselling, training and critical incident response services.
- EAP – https://www.eapservices.co.nz/
- OCP – https://ocp.co.nz/
- EAPWorks – https://www.eapworks.co.nz/resources.html
- Instep – https://instep.nz/
- Benstar – https://www.benestar.com/ NZ Branch # 0800 360 364
(subject to change: last updated 10 September 2021)